Data Controller, Contact
We are the controller of the personal data provided to us for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation.
What personal data do we collect?
By personal data we mean identifiable information about you. Generally, this is likely to include information such as your name, email address, correspondence address and your IP address if you access our website.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you:
- Contact Data includes data such as your email address, telephone number, delivery address and billing address
- Identity Data includes data such as first name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth;
- Financial Data includes credit or debit card details;
- Transaction Data includes details of products you have purchased from us and payments made;
- Technical Data includes data such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, cookies, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website and any communications we may send to you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website such as information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to and through, pages you viewed or searches you made, page response times, download errors, length of visit, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Marketing Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
We do not knowingly collect personal data of children. Please do not provide personal data to us unless you are at least 18 years old.
Personal data you provide to us
From time to time you may provide to us personal data. This may be because:
- You access and interact with our website;
- You create an account on our website and/or purchase goods from us;
- You or your employer provides services to us;
- We provide services to you or your employer;
- You apply to work with us as an employee or a consultant;
- You provide feedback or reviews to us;
- You respond to a survey or questionnaire or enter a promotion or competition;
- You sign up for our newsletter;
- You otherwise contact us including with queries, comments or complaints.
All personal data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate. If you provide us with inaccurate or false data, and we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and we may also report this to the appropriate authorities.
When you contact us by email or post, we may keep a record of the correspondence and we may also record any telephone call we have with you.
Personal data we automatically collect about you
When you use our website, we may automatically collect and store information about your Technical Data and Usage Data for the purposes of research and analysis.
We automatically collect certain information from you when you access the Site, including the following:
- Identifiers, such as IP address and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons, and similar tracking technologies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as information about your browser type, operating system, pages accessed on our Site, links clicked, and time spent on the Site.
- Geolocation Data, such as your IP address that can reveal your general location.
- We use this information to tailor the content of our website and to enhance your shopping and customer service experience.
Cookies And Other Tracking Technology
We use “cookies,” “web beacons” and other tracking technologies, which sometimes distinguish you from other visitors to the Site, to understand better how you interact with the Site and email communications. A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies enable the Site to recognize your device upon future visits. Web beacons, typically a one-pixel image on a webpage or in an email, are used to communicate information from your computer to a website, such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears and browsing activity. By using cookies and web beacons, we may: (1) remember you when you return to the Site; (2) keep track of your order as you shop the Site; (3) preserve your shopping bag for later consideration; (4) grant access to the secure parts of the Site; and (5) monitor, improve and customize our web content, our products and services and our promotional and advertising activities. You can manage, refuse or block cookies and web beacons at any time through the settings in your web browser. However, by doing so, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
Third Party Analytics And Advertising
In our effort to improve and customize our content, and to provide you with advertising and offers that may be of interest to you, we engage third party service providers that use tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visits to this website and other sites, and your interaction with our email communications. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze data, understand our visitors’ web activity, develop promotional and advertising activities and serve targeted content and advertisements to you on this and other sites. To learn more about Internet-based advertising and your choices with respect to them, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org and the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info.
Personal data we receive from others
If we reasonably believe that any of the personal data you have provided to us is inaccurate, we may receive further personal data from third parties, such as credit reference agencies and the electoral register, to try to confirm your identity.
We may also receive personal data about you from our third party service providers, including our payment service providers and our analytic service providers.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
- consent (where you choose to provide it);
- performance of a contract with you;
- compliance with legal requirements; and
- legitimate interests. When we refer to legitimate interests we mean our legitimate business interests in the normal running of our business which do not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
Summary Table of Data Practices
The following table summarizes our personal information collection, use, and sharing practices in the preceding 12 months.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Sources||Commercial / Business Purpose(s) for Collection||Categories of Vendors (including third parties and service providers) to which Personal Information Is Disclosed for a Business or Commercial Purpose||Categories of Vendors (including third parties and service providers) to which Personal Information Is Sold|
|Identifiers||Sources stated in Section II, including:
||Uses and Purposes stated in Section III, including:
||Entities stated in Section IV, including:
||Entities stated in Section IV, including:
|Employment and Education Information||
Who do we share your data with?
For our legitimate interests, we may share your personal data with our service providers, sub-contractors, consultants and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including IT service providers, group companies, accountants, auditors and lawyers. We currently work with the following organisations who might therefore receive your personal data: Globe-Trotter Group Ltd, Shopify, Limespot, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Klevu, Gorgias and Klaviyo.
We shall provide our service providers, sub-contractors, consultants and agents only with such of your personal data as they need to provide the service for us and if we stop using their services, we shall request that they delete your personal data or make it anonymous within their systems.
If we need to use your personal data to comply with any legal obligations, demands or requirements, for example, as part of anti-money laundering processes or to protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety then in doing so, we may share your personal data with third party authorities and regulatory organisations and agencies.
California Privacy Disclosures and Rights
CCPA Privacy Rights
Starting January 1, 2020, consumers residing in California are afforded additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.). If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights under the CCPA:
- Right to know about our collection, disclosure and “sale” of your personal information. GLOBE-TROTTER USA INC. does not and will not sell your personal information.
- Right to access your personal information collected and retained by us.
- Right to request deletion of your personal information collected and retained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA. GLOBE-TROTTER USA INC. does not and will not treat you in a discriminatory manner for exercising your CCPA rights.
- Here is how you can exercise your right to know, right to access, or right to delete your personal information. To do so, please complete the webform below or call +1 (323) 693-7950. If you would like to submit a request in person at one of our stores, please request a CCPA request form and fill it out and submit it to the manager on site. For request to delete, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as permitted by law for our legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Before responding to your request, we must verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information requested relates to you. If you maintain an account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for your account (e.g. login and password). If you do not have a registered account, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g. email, phone number, billing or shipping address).
You can use an authorized agent, who is registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorized to act on your behalf, to make CCPA requests on your behalf. But we may require proof that you have provided the agent with written permission to submit a request on your behalf and to verify his/her identity, or to demonstrate that he or she has power of attorney.
Change Your Preferences
To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you may: (1) follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in each promotional email; (2) log into your account on the Site and change your preferences; or (3) send your request, along with your name, email and postal address, to the email or postal address listed here. We will process your request within a reasonable time frame, but you may, in the interim, receive previously scheduled communications from us. We may also continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as messages about your account or purchases.
We shall process your personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. In particular, access is restricted to employees who need to know your personal data, and we use appropriate password protection and appropriate strong encryption electronic measures within our electronic data management systems.
However, unfortunately, because of the nature of electronic storage, we cannot promise that your personal data or any other data you provide to us will always remain secure. If there is a security breach, we will do all that we can as soon as we can to stop the breach and minimise the loss of any data.
You may consent to receive marketing email messages from us about our website and our services, website, events, sales and business generally by signing up to our newsletter. You can choose to no longer receive marketing emails from us by contacting us or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. Please note that it may take us a few days to update our records to reflect your request.
If you ask us to remove you from our marketing list, we shall keep a record of your name and email address to ensure that we do not send to you marketing information. If you still have an account with us, we shall continue to email you in relation to your account only.
Retention of personal data
We may also be required to retain personal data for a particular period of time to comply with legal, auditory or statutory requirements, including requirements in respect of financial documents and in order to deal with any dispute you might raise. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the type of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Where we have no legal basis for continuing to process your personal data, we shall either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
For the avoidance of doubt, we may use anonymous data, such as usage data for research or statistical purposes indefinitely without further notice to you.
Please note that the Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for our customers in the United States. If you access the Site from a location outside of the United States, you acknowledge that the information you share and that we collect on the Site is sent to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide the same or equivalent level of data protection laws as those of your country of residence.